Thursday, April 25, 2013

I am ready!

I used to have a fit body. Not too skinny nor too chubby. I am blessed with long legs so it kinda balance my figure to my height. 

Back when I was still in high school, I can eat 2 or 3 cups of rice without making me look like I've eaten a watermelon. I can easily lose weight overnight, whenever I want to.

Anyway, it was 2007 when I started gaining weight. I don't know what really caused my metabolism to messed up. Somehow I think it has something to do with my hormonal imbalance that's why I have a pretty weird irregular periods. I really have no idea. When I first came here in Jeddah, if my memory serves right, my waistline is only 27-28. And my tops were sized S-M. Couple of months later and then booom! I can no longer wear my clothes without looking like a suman.

A year after, I decided to go home in the Philippines and continue college. I thought I can just easily go back to my figure just like when I was in highschool. I WAS SO WRONG! It got worse! Blame it  to my boyfriend who loves eating. Hehe (I am kidding, I love you J!)


Fast forward, I got tired of people saying "Hala ang taba mo grabe what happened?!" or "Naku diet ka nga grabe!". I swear, I am really not affected but being a mean person that I am, I usually answer them back with full sarcasm. While I eat my food, maybe you should eat your manners. I get it, I am fat. We have mirrors at home, so Stop Tickling Flying Unicorns! Being stubborn, I really didn't think about losing weight. I am happy the way I am and I am happily in love with food, so the butterfly I care!

From 55kgs, I've reached a wooping 78kgs! I know right, I should just give up because it is hopeless. I should just overdose myself with ice cream and chocolates because there is no recovery from that. I should embrace the fact that I will forever hide my flabby arms under cardigans and never wear tight fitting tops anymore. And the most important, I have to accept the fact that I can no longer become a Flight Attendant.

But when Jp & I started planning our wedding, I decided to break my habit of everyday-I-will-eat-what-I-want. Everyday, I searched for an effective diet that I can follow. Diet that will still give me the chance to eat but only in a limited choices and quantity. I wanted to do the Lemon-Mapple Diet but it will only be effective if you will totally stop eating and just depend on the detox/cleansing juice. In my case, that will be very hard knowing how my family loves to eat out.

After my birthday, I received a message from our family friend who's working in Saudi Airlines. I know deep inside of me, my heart really desires to be a flight attendant. I like my job, heck it pays more than I deserve. And even if I tried convincing myself that I should just forget about my dream of being a cabin crew, I just can't. So I went to Flight Operations office to meet our family friend. It is such a wonderful birthday gift, I've got a positive feedback. I only have 1 problem though. I am overweight. There, I gave myself a deadline and motivate myself. I decided that I need to discipline myself. I need to do this for my wedding, for my dream job and of course for myself.

From 74kgs, I am now 70kgs. I tried and failed the Military diet, cheated on the 3rd day. I enrolled myself in Hydro-Exercise/Aero here in the hospital. After 5 sessions, I gave up. It just made me more hungry than usual. My weight stayed on 70kgs for weeks. Then one day, an online shop in IG followed me. I got curious and decided to check her account. (I will post her account here once I've got a positive results) From her, I've learn about HCG. (read my post about my HCG Journey here.)

Before I end this uber long post of mine, I will just give you top 5 reasons why diets don't work.

#5: Diets Make You Feel Deprived.

Diets focus on what you can't eat, and that naturally increases the feelings of missing out on something.

- It is really hard to just eat salad when your whole family orders different varieties of burgers, pizza and friend chicken. Sometimes, I just went straight to my room just to avoid the temptation. That is why it is important that your family support your decision to stick on your diet.

#4: Your Mind Thinks of Diets as Temporary.

Usually diets are seen as a change in behavior until a certain amount of weight is lost. But what happens then?

- It is true. That's why you really have to set your mind that diet is not just about losing weight. It is about changing a lifestyle, choosing a healthier one. 

# 3: Diets Are Really Easy to Fail At.

Most diets require you follow the plan to the letter all the time, and when you slip it is really hard to start again.

- This is what happened to me when I did the Military Diet. It is a very strict diet, that's why when I cheated on the 3rd day, I know that I failed miserably and doesn't want to start all over again. That is why it is good to choose a diet pattern wherein your whole week of sacrifice will not be wasted because of a little cheat.

#2: You Need Constant Willpower and Discipline.

It is impossible to stay focused and motivated all the time, and that causes "slipping" or "falling off the wagon".

- Willpower and Discipline is a must. In tagalog, we usually say "tiis ganda!". It is true. You can't just eat fatty foods and woke up one day skinny. That is so not gonna happen, unless you slept in OR after liposuction. 

and the number one reason diets don't work...

 

#1: Diets are Boring.

- HAHA It is because you really have to break up with rice, oily & fatty foods and sweets, and say I DO! with fruits, veggies, and 100g meat/protein. It is so boring that you have to compute all the calories you consume the whole day. Sticking with your diet means you can no longer enjoy attending the party because of the foods. No parties = No Social life. 

 

But then again, at the end of the day, it is what you feel that really matter. Determination is the key. Set your priorities. PRAY. Know your target. Ask for support from your family and friends. PRAY. Decide. And embrace your decision.

 

60kgs, I am ready for you! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment