Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Planning to get a planner?

It is already January and you still doesn't have planner? Are you still undecided whether you'll drown yourself over coffee just to get their limited edition planner specifically THE Starbucks planner or just get a classic one on either National Bookstore nor Fullybooked? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but the sticker collection started last November 3, 2012 and will end today January 8, 2012. So if you are planning to get those precious planner and still don't have atleast one sticker, then you have four options:
1. Buy a gift certificate worth p5,000 and voila, in just a minute you'll have it.
2. Treat your family, friends, officemates or your whole barangay to Starbucks and make them order 9 Christmas beverages and 8 core beverages. Last year, I have to ask help from my h2b (husband-to-be) to collect stickers because i am loyal with java chip and call me crazy but i am not really fond of their Christmas beverages.
3. Wait for a friend who loves Starbucks and could care less about the planner and ask for his. You are lucky if they give it to you for free. I have a friend who usually collects them and sell them afterwards. Hahaha :)
Or your last option, Buy BELLE DE JOUR Planner. Well, it will make sense if you're a girl like me. If not, then close this tab. This post is definitely not for you :) Hehehe.

What is so special about BDJ?


Belle de Jour Power Planner is especially made for the Pinay fashionista achiever. The term Belle de Jour (bel duh zhoor’) is French fashion lingo for “It” girl, we have redefined it to mean the modern day renaissance woman who dares to achieve her goals, lives her dream life, makes a difference in her community, while doing everything in great style.

The power planner includes time-management principles to help BDJ Girls manage their life better, articles and affirmations to inspire them to live life to the fullest and of course, coupons to remind them of work-life balance.




It was 2010 when I had my first Belle De Jour Planner.


I saw it at Powerbook in MOA. It was love at first sight! I just loved how it can be a journal as well. I also had the Starbucks planner, but it was a gift from my sister. I used them both and I don't know why.


The following year, I bought BDJ Planner again. I also bought BDJ Essentials and Forget-Me-Not. These are the mini-notebooks/notepads that supplements the BDJ Power Planner for random thoughts, ideas and more.



Credit: Photo from Google as I left all my old BDJs in the Phils.

Last year, I wasn't able to buy the Belle De Jour, and regreted it as soon as I realized that the 2012 design has Eiffel Tower on it and it was about traveling! :( 



I had fun collecting the stickers though, as it became our daily date to go to Starbucks. On the night before the day of the deadline, I realized I still have empty christmas tree on my promo card. I know there was no way I can order 5 drinks, it will be such a waste for I can't even finish one drink. So I lost hope and told myself that I'll just skip this year and will not get any planner. (Too dramatic, I know! HAHA)

On the next morning, I woke up to this.




Imagine my joy! The moment you gave up on something, someone will hold you and give you hope. Teehee :) I asked my h2b how did he managed to complete the stickers, he told me that he asked his officemates to go to Starbucks with him, he is planning to treat 2 of them. But luckily, one of them is collecting stickers din pala and they just gave it all to him. So I ended up with these!



This year, given the fact that I am here in Jeddah and they don't offer Starbucks Planner here, I asked my sister instead to get me BDJ. I opted BDJ this year because of the following reasons:

The Coupons! Well, practically I won't be able to use it. but my sister can. She specifically asked for the Ace Water Spa Coupons :)


 I love that you can write down all the highlights and/or important events of each month. I also love that you'll see different advices for each month. January is about taking things one at time. To Stop and Breathe. Savor the moment, as they usually say.

The weekly layout will help you plan and manage your weekly activities specifically by day.  The time-frame starts from 8am to 8pm. Fair enough right? There are also special boxes for your little personal errands, things to follow-up on, most important tasks, random thoughts, personal lists and weekly affirmations.


Since I need to trim down my weight, Health & Fitness Plan is perfect. I am just not sure if I can do it religiously.


Who need New Year's Resolution when you have Dream Board and Goal Board?
My 2013 goals are to meet the weight I NEED, for the wedding & for my dream job, and to plan our wedding without too much hassle, or that I won't become too demanding. (I promise I WILL TRY, OKAY!)


Gift List, need to say more? Random Thoughts - it can be found on the last part of the planner. It can serve as your reflection page for the whole year.


THIS I REALLY NEED TO FOLLOW. I am no longer teenager and I have to wrap my brain around the fact that I need to fix my menstrual cycle. ( Not that I have to fix it by myself, er. Of course I will be needing some help from the Gyno)  I used to get my period 3x a year, lucky if 4. So imagine the pain i have to go through. It was 3x painful than the regular dysmenorrhea. But now that I have lost weight, I managed to have my period every other month. Not that bad right?


Actually, when I was still deciding on what kind/type of planner I should get, this is the first thing that pop to my mind. Having my own income, I REALLY NEED to track all my bills and cash flow. I am tired of answering my mother "Eh, I don't know.." whenever she asked me what happened to my money. I know that this year, I have to tighten my belt for the wedding. And by tracking all my income and expenses, I know I will be able to achieve my target savings.


I am not sure if I will be able to use this page, since I don't usually do a checklist whenever I'm traveling. But since the picture shows a gal with a wedding gown (i think?), I thought maybe it can be useful for me in the future :)
 

I am a sucker for travel. Who isn't right? So this Vacation Planner is my favorite part. 
 


And that concludes my uber long post. Sorry naman okay? Hehe.

BTW, if you are interested on getting Belle De Jour Power Planner, the prices are:


Php 648.00 for the BDJ Printed Leatherette Cover.
Php 598.00 for the BDJ Matte Printed (Smythe) and
Php 598.00 for the BDJ Matte Printed (Spiral).

There are also other products you can choose from.
You can visit http://belledejourpowerplanner.com/index.php for  more info or visit the nearest FullyBooked and Powerbook. I am not sure if it is available on National Book Store. So just go to FullyBooked or Powerbook just to be sure.
In case you have to time to go the mall, you can order it online, just visit the site. :)


Love, A.









No comments:

Post a Comment